Summary: Linux management with Operations Management Suite (OMS) is now generally available.
Hi folks, Anurag Gupta here, and this week at LinuxCon, we announced the general availability of the OMS Agent for Linux that’s built on the open source project, FluentD. The GA OMS Agent for Linux brings you enterprise grade management of your Linux servers with ability to centralize your Syslogs, Nagios + Zabbix alerts, 50+ real-time performance metrics, and custom application data in the powerful Log Analytics platform.
The OMS Agent for Linux enables you to:
- Centralize and scan billions of syslog events from network devices.
- Visualize and monitor real-time Linux process performance across hundreds of machines.
- Bring in custom application data through one of the 300+ FluentD plugins.
- Centralize your existing monitoring infrastructure with Nagios and Zabbix alerts.
- Onboard your existing performance collectors with CollectD and StatsD.
Here’s a video that details the GA announcement of Linux Management with Operations Management Suite:
Supported Linux operating systems:
I would like to try this immediately!!
Get a free Microsoft Operations Management Suite (#MSOMS) subscription so that you can test Linux management capabilties. You can also get a free subscription for Microsoft Azure. I invite you to follow the Microsoft IT Management Twitter.
You can also try a fully hydrated demo environment.
How can I give you guys feedback?
There are a few different routes to give feedback:
- UserVoice: Post ideas for new OMS features to work on. Visit the OMS UserVoice page.
- OMS Forums: Good general discussion of OMS. Visit the OMS Forums.
Microsoft Operations Management Team