Summary: A summary of new features introduced into Microsoft Operations Management Suite.
Hello friends of OMS! As requested by many of you, we are starting a monthly email to provide updates that summarize the OMS service enhancements. This post will cover Automation, Backup, Log Analytics, Security and Site Recovery.
NEW FEATURES NOW AVAILABLE TO OMS CUSTOMERS
- Public preview of Premium Storage VMs
- PowerShell support for Recovery Services vault
- Simplified experience in the new Azure portal
- Support for cloud solution partner subscriptions
- Halo 5 needed near-real-time log search ability. 343 Industries wanted to limit the time from when an event was generated to when it is searchable in Microsoft Log Analytics to under a minute.
- OMS scales to support the tens of billions of telemetry events that Halo 5 generates daily.
- Azure Site Recovery general availability in new Azure portal with simplified experience
- Azure Site Recovery support for Azure Resource Manager resources with ability to create Azure Resource Manager VMs at failover
- Azure Site Recovery scenarios general availability under the Cloud Solution Provider program
- Support for premium storage for VMware to Azure
- Support for exclude disk capability for premium storage
- Collect custom logs from Windows and Linux servers
- Parse any text file
- Threat intelligence dashboard (public preview): one-stop-shop for Indicators of Compromise (IoCs).
- Custom notable issues (public preview): Enable users to add their own custom notable issues by using near real-time search to find actual matches proprietary to their organization.
- Linux Support (public preview): Notable issues from Linux event data.
- Security baseline assessments (private preview): Ability to set of basic security objectives (baselines) which must be met by any given system to reduce security threats.
- In-depth articles that are specific to security.
- Out-of-the-box remediation actions for common Azure VM Lifecycle scenarios (start, stop VM)
- Log Analytics is now available in (South East Asia) Singapore and Australia datacenters.
- Automation is now available in Australia.
Read-only user role introduced for OMS log analytics
- Add/remove solutions (solution gallery hidden)
- Add/modify/remove “My Dashboards”
That is all I have for you today.
I invite you to follow me on Twitter and the Microsoft OMS Facebook site. If you want to learn more about Windows PowerShell, visit the Hey, Scripting Guy Blog. If you have any questions, send email to me at email@example.com. I wish you a wonderful day, and I’ll see you tomorrow.
Principal Program Manager
Operations Management Suite Team