Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Now Available

The Client Management team is pleased to announce the availability of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2013. The installer, release notes and updated documentation are available now on the Microsoft Download Center.

MDT 2013 requires the use of the Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 which is also available for download.

We encourage you to download and use this new version for deploying Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7, and integrating with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. You can also continue to submit feedback via the MDT group of the Client Management program on Connect.

Additionally, please note the MDT Support Lifecycle is also now available.

As always, visit www.microsoft.com/mdt for more information on the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.

Aaron Czechowski, Senior Program Manager (@AaronCzechowski)

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confers no rights.

Where can I get more details on ADK ?

I have one question about comparison between MDT or SCCM.

We have one enterprise project for implementing service for deploying OS in enterprise company.

In this company we have more than 4000 clients, but as told to me the IT manager of this company, only about 20 clients need to installing OS simultaneously in daily and not more.
    In your idea and based this plan, which of two solution is best for this project.
    MDT is good or SCCM will better this company and covers all things the company need?

When I do MDT Task sequence do I have to create different packages for every image I want to deploy?
    Can I reuse the same MDT Share?

4. Bill says:

After installing both the MDT 2013 and Windows ADK for Windows 8.1 (successfully)

I run the Deployment Workbench

I Look at Components.

I see "Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit" with a status of Required

I submitted a bug (ID: 806210) via the MDT group link in your post.

Than you.

5. Luis says:

thanks for the post,

Whats is http://www.fosfera.com/microsoft-toolkit-2-4-9-final-ultima-version

?

Is real Tookit or fake?

6. Matt says:

@Luis: Yes, it is a fake, and chock full of malware to boot; engage your google-fu and do some research before asking a question like this.

7. Alex, just Alex says:

Hi

Just migrating from MDT2010 to MDT2013. Think i've found a bug in scriptsZTIApplications.wsf.  Installer return code 3010 is used to trigger a reboot and continue where left off. The Function InstallApplication is recursive to install applications and dependencies. The code to install dependencies does set InstallApplication = 3010 if application requested a reboot. The code to install apps that are not dependencies only returns 3010 if the application has "reboot this applicaiton" checked.  It should also set InstallApplication = 3010 if iResult is 3010, somewhere around the comment "Normalize the results". I noticed unexpected behaviour after installing one app that required reboot and then a second app that didn't. The second app exit code 0 was returned to task sequence instead of 3010. It didn't reboot after first app.

8. Phil E says:

Hi, do you still provide or plan to provide a Management Pack for SCOM 2012 or any integrations with Orchestrator? Many thanks

9. Gordon says:

Will MDT 2013 integrate with SCCM 2007 R3 SP2? Also, if SCCM is running on a 2003 server, will that cause a problem trying to integrate MDT? I heard SCCM has to be running on Server 2008. Any truth to that?

10. Roy says:

Is this post already solved?

====

I run the Deployment Workbench

I Look at Components.

I see “Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit” with a status of Required

I submitted a bug (ID: 806210) via the MDT group link in your post.

=====

Having this problem when using Windows 7 x64 (Windows ADK 8.1 / Deployment 2013). Can we ignore this message and start building the Deployment Shares?

Thanks.

11. Ryan Easte says:

Every time I download it and attempt to install it, I get application error. The instruction at 0x771185cb referenced memory at 0x0f517117. The memory could not be read.

12. Gary Knight says:

Is there any new on when some of these bug will be fixed with a more stable version or SP?

13. Martin Horwood says:

MDT 2013 works fine for Capturing 2012R2 servers with a Gui but when i deploy a Windows 2012R2 Core Edition i cannot capture the Image? Am i missing something? Event 41002 (5206) is the error… Help!

14. Umar B says:

Does anyone know how i can get a hold of the offline installer?

15. Ty Glander says:

@Aaron the download center link points to 2013 Update 1. Can you fix it to point to Update 2?