A new update for the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit is currently under development. This new version will provide new capabilities such as:
- Support for System Center Configuration Manager R3’s OEM pre-staged media feature.
- Support for Microsoft Office 2010.
- A new “User-Driven Installation” (UDI) deployment method (formerly known as ‘Modena’) for System Center Configuration Manager, enabling end users to initiate an OS deployment through an easy-to-use wizard.
- Improvements to the Deployment Workbench driver import process, detecting each driver’s true supported platforms.
- Many bug fixes and other small improvements.
Want to know more about these new capabilities? You can find out more at next week’s MMS 2010 conference sessions:
BG01: MDT 2010 Update 1 + ConfigMgr 2007 OSD: Even More “Better Together”
Thursday, April 22 – 2:30 PM-3:45 PM
OE01: Ask the Experts: Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2010
Tuesday, April 20 – 5:30 PM-6:30 PM
Marco Polo 702
Want to be notified when the beta version of MDT 2010 Update 1 is available? Sign up today at the Connect website using the following instructions and you’ll receive an e-mail as soon as it is available:
1. Access http://connect.microsoft.com.
2. Sign on using any valid Live ID.
3. From the Connection Directory, find the “Solution Accelerators” connection.
4. Apply for the “Microsoft Deployment Toolkit” program. Approval is automatic.