The latest version of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, MDT 2010, is currently being developed. This new version, which is due to be released shortly after the Windows 7 release, will offer:
- Support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Deployment Workbench and script architecture improvements.
- Documentation improvements.
The first beta release will be made available in the coming weeks. Please sign up for at the Connect website to be notified as soon as it is available, if you haven’t already done so. To sign up, follow these simple steps:
- Access http://connect.microsoft.com.
- Sign on using any valid Live ID.
- From the Connection Directory, find the “Solution Accelerators” connection.
- Apply for the “Microsoft Deployment Toolkit” program. Approval is automatic.
We look forward to receiving your feedback on this new MDT 2010 version and encourage you to use the Connect site for that feedback.
If you have suggestions, comments, or concerns about MDT 2008 (the current release), please submit that through the Connect site as well.