Questions for the MDT team?

We are going to be featured on the Technet Radio podcast and we want to know what you would like us to talk about!  Now is your chance to get your deployment questions answered or here us talk about a topic that you have always wondered about.

Feel free to leave your topics as comments or email us through the link.

Thanks!

Hi MDT Team,

In TechNet Radio podcast of what month will my (Chirag Goradia) question above be taken up?

I heard the podcast of 28Oct08 http://blogs.technet.com/msdeployment/archive/2008/10/28/microsoft-deployment-team-featured-on-the-technet-radio-podcast.aspx, but couldn’t find any helpful info for the question I have.

If SCCM and/or MDT are not capable to achieve it, then I would like to know that too.

Regards,

Chirag Goradia

The MDT is taking your questions – to be answered in an upcoming TechNet Radio Podcast. Post your questions

Regarding bare metal setup: How do does the GUID or MAC land in the SCCM Unknown collection automatically?  Does the PXE boot media handle that for us?

Hi MDT Team,

Using SCCM 2007 R2, we want to

– First, Stop a task sequence at a specific step

– Second, Restart the task sequence from the step at which we stopped.

Can you please share knowledge on this topic as we are not able to make any progress here?

Questions we posted at Microsoft forums are here:-

1. Stop and Start SCCM OSD Task Sequence – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3944426&SiteID=17

2. SCCM OSD Task Sequencer executable/script internals – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3944433&SiteID=17

3. Running OSD Task Sequence state information and restart from specific step – http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3909968&SiteID=17

In advance, really appreciate your help.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Chirag Goradia

Hello MDT Team,

I am using the MDT 2010 Beta 2 while I have the 2008 version installed on an old computer. Do I need to create a LAB Deployment Point as was in the 2008 version?

The documentation that came with the 2010 is the

same as that for the 2008. Please where can i get the most up todate docymentation for MDT 2010 Beta 2

Thanks in advance for your help.

Abi

How to enable Bitlocker encryption during LTI? Configuring Bitlocker in the Task Sequence does not work properly.

Thanks and regards,

Thomas

How do we implement roles based deploiement?

8. AVG says:

When i deploy AVG using by MDT2010.  it does not install.  I received message it says Unexpected return code: 1. How to deploy third party apps using MDT2010?  Plse any help i really appreciate

9. kzizo1 says:

what group should a user be in to deploy a os using mdt 2010 othe than being the administrator

10. Adam says:

Does the WinPE support a pen only? Is there a way to get an on screen keyboard in that phase?

11. Yazhini says:

How to use Multiple Task sequance using custom setting.ini

12. SMurillo says:

Hey guys, I am testing MDT 2012 Beta 2 and after deploy my image to a client everything is OK except that is creating a hidden paartition with the next files and folders:

Folders:

Boot

System Volume Information

Files:

ACTIVE.MDT

bootmgr

BOOTSECT.BAK

How can I delete that hidden partition and avoid it to be created every time I deploy my image?

13. JenAyala says:

We are having troubles with the deployment answer file-I believe we are missing one component! Not sure what it is…..

14. Winston Ruttan says:

Issues with MDT 2013 and computers with SSDs. Constantly getting cannot connect to deployment share after the first reboot. If you click retry it just continues with the install. Is there anyway that you can put a pause into the script that when it goes
    to connect to the deployment share it pauses until it can connect?