We painted the city red and white! The final day of WPC13 concluded with an all-Canadian keynote and breakout sessions delivering this year’s priorities and how our Canadian partners can continue to win in the market.
Keynote Recap: How do we accelerate growth together?
Over 450 attendees kicked off the fourth day with the Canadian Keynote hosted by Greg Larnder, celebrating last year and getting excited for what’s to come.
What are your opportunities?
- Cloud: Capitalize on Virtualization & Management Solution Incentive Program Payouts, Proof of Concept engagements, Lead a transfer the Datacenter Immersion Experiences (TDI), Cloud Essential, Cloud Accelerate, and Joint Selling motions
- Big Data: Microsoft’s new Technology Centre is a state-of-the art facility with collaborative and purpose-build environment to ensure world-class learning and development experiences. By working through scenarios with customers, the MTC offers strategy briefings, architecture design sessions, Proof of Concept workshops, and hands-on immersions.
- Mobility is as hot a topic as the Houston sun. Windows 8 across all devices allows for productivity on the go, anywhere, anytime with increased reach and security.
- Social: Social media provides a platform for every organization to learn from and to harness with productivity of enterprise social gaining momentum with Yammer, Lync and SharePoint built into the Office 365 offerings.
Canadian Breakout Sessions
Office - Transformation: Growing and Building your Business Productivity Revenue with the New Office
- In this session we heard from Sumeet Khanna, Director, Microsoft Office Division, who spoke about a new portfolio of Software + Services and new business models. He spoke about the new go-to-market plans for the year, including; winning with Office 365, the social platforms of SharePoint and Yammer and enterprise communications of Lync.
Server & Tools – Capturing Canada’s Modern Datacenter & Business Insights Opportunity
- Vinay Nair, Modern Datacenter Lead, Eduard Davidzhan, Senior Product Manager, SQL and Stephen Giles, Partner Technical Advisor shared details about their plan for the Private and Public Cloud and Data Platform and BI in Canada and how they can be an investment and opportunity for partners to engage. Vinay, Eduard and Stephen dove through modernizing the datacenter, trendings of financial opportunities involved with a Cloud platforms and improvements to the SQL functionalities.
Windows – Windows 8: Prepare for Impact Canada
- We joined Henrik Gutle, Windows Business Group Manager and James Nicholson, Senior Product Manager, Windows where they showcased partner opportunities around Windows 8, applications and awesome new devices. They also shared information on Windows investments and priorities for the partner channel to drive our customers forward. There is positive momentum for Windows in Canada as businesses are adopting and developing for Windows 8, showing high interest in Windows tablet solutions and taking advantage of new apps. The consumerization of IT brings significant cost savings and a new class of devices addressing needs of IT as the Surface is highly comparable to other products.
And that’s a wrap in the Canadian Lounge!
Throughout the week, the Canadian Lounge was the place to be for partners to meet and network with the Business Group Leads and take part in Rookie Lunch and Learn sessions. Share your photos in the Lounge with us @wpccanada! We want to see who you’ve met and what you’ve learned.
Register Early and Save Big.
It’s never too early to think about next year! Take advantage of the discounted WPC 14 rate until this Sunday.