“No matter what happens to consumerization we, together, will deliver devices and services.” –Steve Ballmer
Houston, WPC Canada has landed. The first day kicked off with a keynote from Steve Ballmer about the four mega-trends underpinning our transformation as a company and the boundless opportunities.
Today’s key takeaways:
- Office 365 is on track to become one of the fastest growing businesses.
- Companies generated more than 50 percent of their revenues from the cloud (IDC Cloud Profitability Study)
- OEM Partners will be able to get the RTM bits and begin preparing devices with Windows 8.1 just in time for the holidays! Find out more here
- Incentives will be provided to authorized distributor and reseller partners who sell Featured PCs and tablets with Windows 8 Pro and touch. Partners can find out more about this program here
- This User Experience Design competency will provide a way for partners to train their designers and get recognized for their expertise with the Microsoft Design Language.
The Canadian Lounge in the GRBCC Commons also opened up – have you checked it out yet? The first event held in the Lounge was a Rookie Lunch ‘N Learn for the Microsoft Partner Network. To cap off the night, Canadian Partners had the opportunity to meet
business group executives and network with fellow Partners at Hay Merchant.