We just finished our CBK (Common Body of Knowledge) seminar, a one week training covering ten domains of security knowlegde:
- Access Control Systems and Methodology
- Applications and Systems Development
- Security Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)
- Law, Investigation and Ethics
- Operations Security
- Physical Security
- Security Architecture and Models
- Security Management Practices
- Telecommunications and Network Security
Well, that was very intense, but we’ve learnt a lot! Even working in the security business for years, it’s not posible to be an expert in every focus area.
More information on CBK, CISSP and (ISC)2, visit thier website:
As the first credential accredited by ANSI to ISO Standard 17024:2003 in the field of information security, the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification provides information security professionals with not only an objective measure of competence but a globally recognized standard of achievement. The CISSP credential demonstrates competence in the 10 domains of the (ISC)² CISSP® CBK®.
The CISSP credential is ideal for mid- and senior-level managers who are working toward or have already attained positions as CISOs, CSOs or Senior Security Engineers.