General Availability of Azure Database for PostgreSQL
What does this mean?
These services bring the community versions of MySQL and PostgreSQL database engines together with:
- Built-in high availability
- Elastic scaling for performance
- Industry leading security and compliance
Azure database services for MySQL and PostgreSQL enable flexibility for applications, from the choice of framework and language, to a rich ecosystem of tools and services - making it easier and quicker to build intelligent apps.
Check out the full details here.
General Availability of Azure Databricks
Designed in collaboration with the founders of Apache Spark, Azure Databricks combines the best of Databricks and Azure to help customers:
- Accelerate innovation with one-click set up
- Streamline workflows and an interactive workspace that enables collaboration between data scientists, data engineers, and business analysts.
As an Azure service, customers automatically benefit from native integration with other Azure services such as PowerBI, SQL Data Warehouse, Cosmos DB as well as from enterprise-grade Azure security, including Active Directory integration, compliance, and enterprise-grade SLAs.
Missed the official announcement? Catch up here.