By Ben Feurtado – Westcoast Microsoft Business Manager
Once again it’s that time of the year when we start to think about WPC and the opportunities that will be offered to us in Toronto.
Here at Westcoast we are delighted to be the Headline sponsor for the UK once more and are excited to see as many partners as we can during the week. Toronto is a great location for WPC with the UK base walking distance from both the convention centre and the Air Canada Center. It is here that all Vision keynotes will be hosted where we will hear from Satya Nadella, Kevin Turner and other Microsoft execs about the upcoming strategy for FY17.
To help you plan your WPC experience, and visit to Toronto, I have put together a few ideas that will hopefully help you during your stay. These include WPC sessions, places to go, and for all the football fans, places where you can watch the final of Euro 2016!
5 Must attend sessions
1. Empowering digital transformation with Microsoft cloud solutions for hosting, cloud, and managed service providers
This session is designed for hosting, cloud, and MSP partners who want to take advantage of the cloud opportunity.
Date: Monday 11th July | Time: 13:00 – 14:00 | Location: North 105
2. The Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program: A platform for maximizing profitability
Learn how you can benefit from CSP and use this new licensing model as a catalyst for future opportunity.
Date: Monday 11th July | Time: 16:00 – 17:00 | Location: North 102 John Bassett Theatre
3. Showcase of partner to partner (P2P) success
Hear first-hand how the P2P approach has helped foster successful partnerships from a panel of partner executives and Microsoft partner leaders.
Date: Tuesday 12th July | Time: 13:00-14:00 | Location: South 716A
4. Think, execute, dominate: The keys to visionary leadership
Former NBA player Walter Bond will teach you what you need to know to be a high-level leader. Learn to create your vision, establish executive presence, and build an aligned organization.
Date: Tuesday 12th July | Time: 14:30 – 15:30 | Location: North 202A-D
5. Leverage Microsoft partner investments to activate and upsell cloud customers
Learn about the Cloud SureStep approach and hear directly from Microsoft Office 365, Azure, Enterprise Mobility Services, Dynamics CRM Online, and Windows teams on investments they’re making to support partner cloud growth.
Date: Wednesday 13th July | Time:14:30 – 15:30 | Location: North 203A-D
Further information on all sessions can be found here
5 Places to visit
1. CN Tower – Arguably the most iconic building in Canada | Address: 301 Front St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2T6, Canada
2. Distillery District – Live theatres, galleries, fashion, unique cafes and award-winning restaurants.
Address: 55 Mill Street, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4, Canada
3. Art Gallery of Ontario – 8th largest Art Museum in North America | Address: 317 Dundas St W, Toronto, ON M5T 1G4, Canada
4. Hockey Hall of Fame – Any sports fan would enjoy this shrine to Canada’s national sport Address: 30 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5E 1X8, Canada
5. Casa Loma – Canada’s majestic castle and Toronto’s premier historic attraction | Address: 1 Austin Terrace, Toronto, ON M5R 1X8, Canada
And most importantly…..
5 Places to watch the final of Euro 2016
1. The Football Factory – Catering to all fans | Address: 164 Bathurst St, Toronto ON M5V 2R3
2. The Dizzy Gastro Sports Pub – Catering to England/Poland fans | Address:305 Roncesvalles Ave, Toronto ON M6R 2M6
3. Opera Bob’s Public House – Catering to England fans | Address: 1112 Dundas St. W, Toronto ON M6J 1X2
4. Scallywags – Catering to all fans | Address: 11 St. Clair Ave. W, Toronto ON M4V 1K6
5. Pogue Mahone Irish Pub – Catering to Republic of Ireland/Northern Ireland fans | Address: 777 Bay Street, Toronto ON M5G 2C8
I hope that this helps you fill up your time at WPC16. Make sure that you are following us for the latest news and live updates via @Westcoast_UK on twitter
And.. If you have any questions relating to Microsoft Cloud products or the Westcoast Cloud Marketplace please contact our dedicated cloud team on 0333 003 1701 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org
See you there!