The Connected Digital Economy Catapult is a new not for profit organisation funded by the Technology Strategy Board, with a mission to help the UK's great digital ideas get to market faster. They are looking for SMEs to be involved and to showcase in their new centre, providing a fantastic promotional opportunity for pioneering digital organisations.
The Digital Catapult will create collaborations with universities and research partners, as well as businesses and innovation clusters across the UK. Together these collaborations will build open development platforms, create specialist labs and facilities and provide expertise to help emerging companies and SMEs unlock their potential in four key challenge areas:
- Addressing issues around personal data privacy and trust,
- Helping young businesses to integrate diverse data sets – especially in health/wellbeing, environmental and around cities,
- Building labs and city demonstrators in which data innovators get access to next generation mobile and wireless technologies to optimise their new products and services,
- Accelerating innovation in digital creative content, specifically in facilitating the reuse of such content and increasing access to collections, reducing the friction around securing copyright permissions.
New Innovator Centre, opening in London in November.
The Centre is about helping the data and digital innovation community – to get this off to a flying start they want to populate the Centre with examples of the best-of-the-best British technology and data innovation, and they are searching for interesting data innovation projects, products and prototypes. The Centre will showcase ideas that relate to their four challenge areas. It will also make sure that the full value of what data innovation can bring is fully understood in one amazing place.
- The Data Dome – the story of how data is being used in new and interesting ways to support the business community or wider society. As part of a ten-minute audio-visual experience, companies who have new data innovation ideas that add fresh value to business and public services.
- Showcase Exhibits – an area of the building that will display the best new British digital products and prototypes, either on physical plinths or on audio-visual screens.
- Over the seven-week launch season, the Digital Catapult expects over 3,500 high-profile representatives from the digital industry at the Innovator Centre at 101 Euston Road so it will be a fantastic opportunity for any SME to gain exposure and business leads.
Interested? Simply register your interest. The deadline for entry is Sunday 10 August.
There is no charge whatsoever to appear within the Digital Catapult – it's purely and simply a great way to promote your organisation and/or your products at a national level.