The UNIX and Linux Operating Systems Monitoring Packs enable discovering, monitoring, and managing UNIX and Linux computers with System Center 2012 – Operations Manager. They provide both proactive and reactive monitoring of the UNIX and Linux operating systems. The management packs monitor components such as processes, resources, and server agents. The monitoring provided by the management packs includes availability and configuration monitoring, performance data collection, and default thresholds. You can integrate the monitoring of UNIX and Linux components into your service-oriented monitoring scenarios. In addition to health monitoring capabilities, the management packs include reports, diagnostics, tasks, and views that enable near real-time diagnosis and resolution of detected issues. The management packs also enable the installation of the Audit Collection Services for UNIX/Linux Management Packs.
- Provides monitoring of the AIX 5.3, 6.1, and AIX 7 operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of the HP-UX 11iv2 PA-RISC, HP-UX 11iv2 IA64, HP-UX 11iv3 PA-RISC, and HP-UX 11iv3 IA64 operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 (x86/x64), Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 (x86/x64) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6 (x86/x64) operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of Solaris 9 (SPARC), Solaris 10(SPARC and x86), and Solaris 11 (SPARC and x86) operating systems.
- Provides monitoring of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (x86), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1 (x86/x64), and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86/x64) operating systems.
- Enables the installation of the Audit Collection Services for UNIX/Linux Management Packs.
For all the details and a download link please see the following:
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center & Security Knowledge Engineer
App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
Operations Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/
SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Server App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv
Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
System Center Essentials Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials
WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The Forefront Server Protection blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/fss/
The Forefront Endpoint Security blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/
The Forefront Identity Manager blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/
The Forefront TMG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/
The Forefront UAG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/