Hi, Carmen Summers here from the Cloud and Data Center Management System Center team. Yesterday System Center released Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 posted on all System Center Blogs. This is the second Update Rollup System Center 2012 has released since General Availability. In the past year System Center has developed a new model for Sustained Engineering that centralized Virtual Machine Manager, App Controller, Orchestrator, Service Manager, Operations Manager, and Data Protection Manager into a single operational model. This new operating model will deliver consistency for release of Update Rollups for Cloud and Data Center Management System Center components.
The words above accurately describe the efficiency we want to achieve, but at the end of the day we are doing this for you, our customers, based upon feedback that we needed to make update delivery for System Center more discoverable, more accessible, and more consistent. Some of the new operational efficiencies that will benefit you, our customers, are:
- Quarterly Update Rollup releases
- Update Rollups are the primary way CDM System Center will release updates publicly
- Each Update Rollup is cumulative and will supersede the last, making it easier for you to stay up to date.
- Update delivery on Microsoft Update to enable ease of detection and installation via MU or WSUS (Please note, that this is a work in progress)
- A single master KB article that describes all fixes to enable ease of finding all information in a single location
We are always striving to make our operating model more efficient. If you have any suggestions or feedback I would love to hear it.
Senior Program Manager | Cloud & Datacenter Management System Center