As a follow-up to the OpsMgr 2007 R2 MP update announced here, we’ve now also released the corresponding update for OpsMgr 2007 SP1. This updated MP package can and should only be imported onto OpsMgr 2007 SP1 environments and includes a number of fixes that were provided in R2 and the most recent update to the OpsMgr 2007 R2 MP. Following is a summary of the changes in this release and a more detailed account of the changes is included in the MP Package which you can download from the MP Catalog:
Changes in common with the most recent R2 MP Update:
- Updated the layout and default filters and sort order for a number of views.
- Fixed an issue that was previously preventing all rules related to AEM from generating alerts.
- Added display names, descriptions, and product knowledge where missing.
- Added the rule “Collects Opsmgr SDK ServiceClient Connections” to collect the number of connected clients for a given management group. This data is shown in the view “Console and SDK Connection Count” under the folder “Operations ManagerManagement Server Performance”.
- Updated a number of monitors and rules to ensure that data is reported to the correct management group for multihomed agents.
- The following rules and monitors are now disabled by default as they are generally not actionable:
- A GroupPopulator module unloaded due to an unrecoverable error
- Health Service Cannot Find Management Group
- Data Validity Check
- Root Connector Data Validity Check
- Updated the alert suppression criteria for the rule “Alert on Dropped MultiInstance Performance Module” in order to significantly reduce the alert volumes generated by this rule and make it easier to identify the root cause.
Changes specific to this SP1 Update, which were made in the initial R2 MP release:
- The implementation that triggers the “Restart Health Service” recovery was changed to be driven by monitors as opposed to rules, to address a number of shortcomings in the previous design.
- Changed the default severity and priority of alerts raised by the “SDK Spn Registration” rule from “warning” to “critical” and updated the knowledge for the rule significantly.
- Added the “Communication Certificate Expiration Check” monitor to monitor certificate expiration for untrusted domain endpoints (agents, gateways, servers) and alert before the certificate expires.
- Fixed an issue with the “Management Configuration Service – Windows Service State” monitor so that it will properly generate alerts for the state of the “OpsMgr Config Service” on a clustered Root Management Server.
- Fixed the “Operational Database Space Free (%)” monitor to compute free space based on maximum data file size, rather than maximum data and log file sizes combined.
- Updated the workflows that drive the state of the “Computer Not Reachable” monitor to handle the condition when the computer’s name does not resolve.
- Added additional criteria to the rule “WMI Raw Performance Counter Module Execution Failure” to account for some event IDs that were not being detected.
- Removed criteria from the rule “Performance Data Source Module could not find a performance counter” to avoid generating alerts on warning events.