Recently, I have seen a bunch of newsgroup questions on installing the Web Console component on Windows Server 2008. Please take a look at the following requirements to get up and running on Server 2008
- You must add the Web Server (IIS) role and then install the following server role services:
- IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
- IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
- Static Content
- Default Document
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- .NET Extensibility
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- Request Filtering
- You must apply the following hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954049/ to fix the following issue:
The Operations Manager Web Console does not display pages correctly because of changes in User Access Control (UAC) in Windows Server 2008. You may experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- The Web Console does not open.
- The My Workspace page does not display.
- Performance views do not display.
Rob Kuehfus | System Center Operations Manager | Setup and Deployment Program Manager