The tool linked in this article allows you to view and configure the data warehouse data retention policies configured within your Operations Manager DW.
Follow the instructions below to use.
Operations Manager 2007 SP1
Operations Manager 2007 Reporting SP1
Download the attached zip file and copy the required version of the file either x86 or x64 to a local directory such as “c:\dwdatarp\”
· To view dwdatarp.exe usage instructions run:
· To view current Data Retention settings run:
c:\dwdatarp\dwdatarp.exe –s “dw servername” –d “dw databasename”
example: C:\dwdatarp>dwdatarp -s opsmgrsp1 -d OperationsManagerDW
· To set Data Retention for a particular dataset run:
c:\dwdatarp\dwdatarp.exe –s “dw servername” –d “dw databasename” – ds “dataset name” –a “aggregation name” –m “days”
example: C:\dwdatarp>dwdatarp -s opsmgrsp1 -d OperationsManagerDW – ds “Performance data set” –a “Hourly aggregations” –m 399
1. The server with dwdatarp.exe installed must have access to the OperationsManagerDW along with the user running the tool.
2. Updates are applied with immediate effect and data will be groomed during next grooming workflow.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included utilities are subject to the terms specified at
Program Manager | System Center Operations Manager