A few people have asked about the changes made in MDT 2012 and MDT 2012 Update 1 in regards to the MDT database. There aren’t that many changes, but here they are:
- MDT 2012 RTW
- Removed obsolete properties for Lite Touch: SkipAppsOnUpgrade.
- Added new properties for ConfigMgr 2012: SMSTSPreferredAdvertID, SMSTSUDAUsers, SMSTSAssignUsersMode.
- Added one new property for all scenarios, OSDStateStorePath.
- MDT 2012 Update 1
- Removed obsolete properties for SMS 2003: OSDINSTALLSILENT, OSDINSTALLPACKAGE, OSDINSTALLPROGRAM, OSDNEWMACHINENAME, OSDMP, OSDSITECODE.
- Removed obsolete properties for Lite Touch: BuildID, SkipDeploymentType, SkipBuild, SkipBitLockerDetails, SkipDestinationDisk.
If you have an existing database, no properties will be removed; the properties marked as “removed” above just don’t get created in new databases.
If you have an existing database, the properties marked as “added” above will automatically be added to your existing database.
Any customizations that you might have made to your database should be preserved.