For all of you folks out there still hanging on to Exchange 2003 and dealing with performance issues, I have taken the liberty to update the Perfwiz data counter collection to the latest/greatest counters as the old Perfwiz tool on our download site is severely outdated.
Exchange 2003 Update Perfwiz
- Extract the contents of the attached zip file to your Exchange server.
- Open Performance Monitor
- Expand Performance Logs and Alerts and select Counter Logs.
- Right click Counter logs and select “New Log Settings From”. Select the htm file that was extracted in Step 1. Click OK
- Select the Log Files tab and click the Configure button
- For the Log location, change this to a location of your choice. Click Ok
- Click OK to save the Performance Counter log.
- To start the Perfmon log, right click “Exchange_2003_Perfwiz” and then select Start.
- Let this run during the problem period where performance is affected
- Stop the perfmon log by right-clicking “Exchange_2003_Perfwiz” and selecting Stop
- Make arrangements with a CSS representative to get the files analyzed.
Counter Collection List
\Database ==> Instances(*)\*
\Exchange Server HTTP Extensions(*)\*
\Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync\*
\MSExchange Intelligent Message Filter(*)\*
\MSExchange Oledb Events(*)\*
\MSExchange Oledb Resource(*)\*
\MSExchange Sender ID(*)\*
\MSExchange Web Mail(*)\*
\MSExchangeDSAccess Domain Controllers(*)\*
\MSExchangeSA – NSPI Proxy\*
\MSExchangeTransport Filter Sink(*)\*
\MSExchangeTransport Store Driver(*)\*
\SMTP NTFS Store Driver(*)\*