Interesting information from one of my colleague's blog posts -
The Microsoft Research Assessment Toolkit was conceived to provide higher education faculty members with user-friendly, focused resources to assist in developing and conducting rigorous educational assessment. The Toolkit includes a variety of items to facilitate the planning and implementation process, including:
- An overview of assessment and assessment planning guide.
- User self-assessment tool to help faculty determine their level of assessment experience. The components of the kit are coded to allow users to find tools and strategies appropriate for their needs.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that explain assessment issues with minimal use of jargon.
- Case studies of effective assessment that provide a snapshot of faculty in various computational science or STEM disciplines.
- A guide to selecting assessment tools.
- Annotated resources primarily focused on computational science and STEM disciplines and organized by topical categories.
- Web links to various assessment-related sites or organizations.
Development of the Toolkit will be an ongoing effort; Toolkit materials are available online at http://research.microsoft.com/erp/AssessmentToolkit.