Today we’re announcing updates to our nonprofit software donations program to enable more nonprofits around the world to get easier access to the technology they need, when they need it.
While we currently provide software donations to over 40,000 nonprofits each year, we’re just getting started and we need your help.
Many nonprofit organizations, including some in your local community, are not aware that they can request a donation of Microsoft software. Help us spread the word. Together, we can ensure nonprofits have access to affordable technology to help them do more with their limited resources.
There are two ways you can help:
1) Share the video (below) with your colleagues, friends and family to raise awareness of a great resource available to nonprofits.
2) Make your cause our cause: Reach out to your favorite nonprofit and make sure they’re aware of the Microsoft donations program. To make it as easy as possible, we’ve drafted a note below that you can use.
To those who have already helped, a big thank you from everyone at Microsoft!
To my favorite nonprofit:
I think the work you do in our community is amazing. I know how challenging it is to try and do more with less.
So how can you boost productivity, raise more funds, increase your reach, and deliver new or better services in our community? How about a donation of software from Microsoft? I wanted to make sure you know that eligible nonprofit organizations can request a software donation. There are still many nonprofits that don’t know about the donations program. Do you?
Eligible nonprofit organizations can choose from a wide range of Microsoft desktop and server products (including Office and Windows). Check out www.microsoft.com/nonprofit to see what’s available and learn how to apply. In fact, if you are in one of these 35 countries with a local TechSoup program, you may be able to get technology donations from other companies too, like Cisco, Symantec, or Adobe.
Maybe you already knew all this. If so, that’s great. I want you to keep doing good stuff in our community, and know that access to the latest technology can help. It would be great if you could share this note with other nonprofits too.
By spreading the word, together, we can help millions of nonprofits get access to the technology they need to best serve communities worldwide.
- Learn more about the updates to the software donations program.
- Review nonprofit eligibility guidelines and how to apply for a Microsoft software donation.
- Tell us more about your favorite nonprofit by tweeting @msftcitizenshipwith the hashtag #mycause