As some of you may be aware Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 will no longer be supported from April 8, 2014 onwards – see here. After this date, Microsoft will not provide any public support for these products, including security patches, non-security hotfixes or incident support.
Last year more than 50% of SMBs worldwide still used Office 2003 and older and Windows XP, which lack the great new features of Windows 7 and Office Professional Plus 2010. Now is a great time to show your customers the benefits of Windows 7 and help them make the move today. There are 13 resources outlined below that will get your sales & marketing teams ready to sell Windows 7 and your customers excited and migrated to Windows 7.
Get your sales & marketing team ready:
1. Download the Business PC Partner Marketing Campaign which will help organisations with Windows 7 demand generation, sales resources, marketing materials (direct marketing materials, website resources, target audience guidance) and effective campaign measurement.
2. Train your staff by downloading your Windows 7 internal use licenses.
3. Learn to articulate licensing options for your customers. Also learn about licensing policies and how you can leverage Get Genuine licensing programmes to close new sales. (Online, 30 minutes).
4. Online course: Why Deploy Windows 7 today?
5. Common Sales Scenarios – these short 5 min presentations will give you great insight & tips on how to talk to customers.
6. Achieve the desktop competency & capitalise on the momentum of Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 with the Desktop competency.
Show your customer the value of Windows 7:
7. Encourage your customers to sign up for a 90 day trial.
8. Windows 7 Return on Investment Tool ( For SMB or Enterprise) – Offer your customers personalised analyses to show how moving to Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Enterprise can help them increase user productivity and lower IT costs.
9. Technical Posters: Explore Windows 7 deployment from end to end with downloadable poster-sized diagrams summarizing the most popular guidance from the Springboard Series and the Windows 7 Technical Library.
Help your customers to migrate to Windows 7:
10. Learn how to articulate licensing options for your customers. Also learn about licensing policies and how you can leverage Get Genuine licensing programmes to close new sales.
11. Windows 7 Walk Through Videos – Explore new and updated features in Windows 7 with short screencasts then learn how to accomplish common planning, migration, deployment, and management tasks with more in-depth demonstrations and tutorials.
12. 10 things IT pro’s should know about Windows 7 here.
13. Upgrading to Windows 7 for SME’s here.
If you have any questions in relation to Windows 7 or this blog, please leave a comment and we will get back to you.
The Microsoft Ireland Partner Team.