EDUCAUSE 2015 is October 27-30th in Indianapolis, Indiana.
EDUCAUSE 2015 is the premier higher education IT event of the year, and offers both formal and informal opportunities to learn, reflect and engage with like-minded colleagues from all over the world. It's a networking event like no other. You can participate as an individual or as a team. Take part in a dynamic experience that will help shape the future of educational IT.
- Dynamic, community-generated content
- Higher education thought leadership
- Start-up innovations in the Learning Theater
Exhibit Hall of 270+ product and service providers
Networking with national and international peers
Diverse perspectives from the U.S. and over 50 countries
Daniel Pink – Author and Host/Co-Executive Producer of National Geographic's Crowd Control
Andrew McAfee – Co-Founder MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy, MIT Sloan School of Management, and Author
Emily Pilloton – Humanitarian Design Activist, Author of Design Revolution, and Creator of Project H
Check out the full agenda for more details.
The Microsoft Experience
Microsoft remains committed to education and is proud to again be a Gold Sponsor at EDUCAUSE 2015. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our strategy is to build best-in-class platforms and productivity services for a mobile-first, cloud-first world. We will realize our mission and strategy by investing in three interconnected and bold ambitions: Reinvent productivity & business processes, build the intelligent cloud platform, create more personal computing. Join us throughout EDUCAUSE to see and experience first-hand the steps we're taking to achieve just that and how they align to EDUCAUSE Top 10 IT Issues, 2015. Your partnership is important to us and we want to hear from you. Plan time to connect with us at EDUCAUSE on this shared journey of improving learning and student outcomes in higher education.
Microsoft Booth #702 in Expo Hall
- Bring Your Data!: We're excited to feature "Office Hours with Patrick LeBlanc, " Microsoft, US Education Architect. Patrick will be available to take your data and set up, onsite, a custom business intelligence dashboard you can take back to your institution. Bring any data in an excel file format and challenge Patrick to build your very own dashboard to enable you to conduct analytics and gleam the insights for your institution
- Office Hours open Wednesday: 10:30am – 12:30pm & 2:30pm – 4:30pm
- Office Hours open Thursday: 3:00pm – 4:00pm
- Send an e-mail to reserve a time with Patrick
- Win a Surface Pro 3: Participate in the Passport Adventure program. Participants who collect visit one of our partner booths and collect their passport stickers are eligible to enter a raffle win one of six Microsoft Surface Pro 3 devices.
- Learning Lounge & Demos: Plan in advance to join us in Booth #702 for content-rich mini sessions and demonstrations in our Learning Lounge Classroom
Business Intelligence: Your Options & What's Available
Improve Student Outcomes through an Institutional Approach
The New Normal: Developing Mobile, Cloud and Digital Security Policies
Check your classroom Pulse and improve student outcomes through real-time interaction
Backup Data centers in the Cloud – New Azure Innovations for VMware Customers
Preparing for "The Big One" – Azure for Disaster Recovery Solutions
Blackboard and Microsoft partnering together to enhance teaching and learning
Cyber Security: Proactive approach to a secure and open environment!
Windows 10: Safety and Security in Education
Descriptive and Predictive Analytics Lead to Prescriptive Analytics
Innovative App for Higher Ed using O365
Cyber Security with Advanced Persistent Threat
Got Office 365? Come learn how to maximize the value you're getting
- Request a meeting with Microsoft: Private meetings will be available to meet with the Microsoft experts in education while attending EDUCAUSE. Plan ahead and schedule a 30-minute session time to meet with Microsoft executives, business and solution members.
- Experience for yourself: A wide range of devices will be on hand for you to pick up and try out. Staff will be onsite to answer device questions and demo.
Tech session topics
From Technical to Business: How IT is partnering with industry to achieve its goals (panel):
October 29, 8:00a.m.-8:50am, Meeting Room 134-135
- One of the largest companies that's been a participant for more than three decades, remains deeply engaged in higher education's success and committed to hearing from institutions directly. Hear stories from institutions on how they've moved this company to improve and how it's enabling them to advance into Cloud-first, Mobile-first.
- Moderated by Anthony Salcito, Panelist: University of Washington, Brown University & Internet2
Title: Accelerate the speed of scientific discovery in the cloud
October 28, 10:30am-11:20am, Meeting Room 140-141
- Learn how Microsoft Azure for Research accelerates scholarly and scientific research customized for academic researchers to use big data computations, collaboration, and data-intensive processing in the cloud. A power and scalability platform that supports frameworks like Azure Machine Learning and programing tools including Linux, Python, Java, Hadoop, and Microsoft .NET.
- Speakers: Dan Fay, Senior Director, Microsoft Research & Shelly Sexton, Microsoft, National STU Director, US Education
Title: The New Normal: Providing data and insight capabilities your leadership can use today
October 29, 2:40pm-3:30pm, Meeting Room 140-141
- Optimize the use of technology and extend collaboration to academic leadership and their staff through a familiar application that is easy to consume – dashboards. Learn how to use the self-service Business Intelligence platform and Power BI to produce a web and mobile enabled dashboard.
- Speaker: Patrick LeBlanc, Architect, Microsoft US Education
We hope you get a sense of everything the EDUCAUSE 2015 conference has to offer you, and strongly encourage you to join us for what is sure to be the can't miss industry-wide IT event of the year.
We look forward to seeing you in Indy! REGISTER HERE