There are some moments that make us proud – really proud – of the work that Microsoft does to help students throughout the world realize their full potential. The Partners in Learning Global Forum is an outstanding event Where Microsoft recognizes and celebrates the achievements of the world’s most innovative educators and school leaders for leveraging technology in the classroom and preparing millions of students for life in the 21st century.
Last December, the Partners in Learning Global Forum 2012 took place in Prague, Czech Republic, and brought together over 600 educators, civic and education leaders, and influencers to discuss global education issues, share learnings and best practices, and celebrate the innovation of great teachers from 80 different countries. Then, we celebrated a milestone in the Partners in Learning (PiL) program by announcing a renewal of the program for an additional five years with a $250 million investment.
The Partners in Learning Global Forum 2014 will bring together participants from the Microsoft Expert Educators Program, the Microsoft Mentor Schools Program, Higher Education faculty members and Education Leaders for an energetic, interactive and collaborative conference. This high profile event is attended by more than 800 attendees from 80 countries, along with government officials, policy makers and partners.
Today, I am proud to announce that the next Global Forum will take place in Barcelona, Spain on March 11 to 14, 2014. SAVE THE DATE!
It will offer practioners’ in education share with one another, compete at a worldwide level, learn from education experts, and affect change in their own schools and communities, providing real impact for better learning outcomes. It is by invitation only.
The 2014 Global Forum agenda includes:
• Unparalleled networking opportunities with other educators from around the globe
• Awards and recognition for the year’s most innovative educators
• Celebration of the Microsoft Innovative Schools program
• Engaging professional development activities
• Keynotes from industry experts
• Cutting edge technology demonstrations
• Teachmeets, interactive working sessions and panel discussions around “hot topics” to inspire education innovation and help build capacity among educators and school leaders
• Teacher Education Initiative workshop for pre-service teachers and their faculty
• Education Leaders track for policymakers (ICT and curriculum directors) understand the positive effects that enhanced teaching and school management can have on learning outcomes
Whether you would like to become a Microsoft Expert Educator or Mentor School Leader, or you know someone in your school or community who fits the description, it’s simple to apply for the program.
Applications will be accepted through September 30, 2013.
Just go to http://www.pil-network.com/Forums or share this news with an amazing educator and school leaders you know – giving them an opportunity to win an all-expense paid trip to the next Global Forum and connect with peers around the world.
Join us in Barcelona and get ready for the experience of a lifetime!
Microsoft Worldwide Education Programs