Last summer I attended the US Innovative Education Forum in Redmond and came home quite inspired by the teachers and projects I saw. Dozens of teachers using technology to improve the quality and quantity of learning with their students. Microsoft Partners in Learning is now looking for this year’s crop of interesting, inspiring and innovative teachers and projects to attend the 2012 US Forum in Redmond, this summer. I’ve copied some of the information about this event below but I hope you will check out the 2012 US Forum page for yourself to learn about this wonderful opportunity for teachers. At the bottom of this post as links to some of my blog posts from this past summer’s event as well as some posts by teachers who attended it. Please read what some of these amazing teachers had to say about their experiences. And if you are doing interesting things with technology give some thought to applying. (BTW computer science teachers have been some of the top award winners recently.)
Showcase and celebrate innovative teaching
Show us how you engage students in problem-solving, inspire their creativity, and prepare them for life ahead. You could be selected to attend the forum in Redmond, Washington, July 31 – August 1. Winners there will proceed to the Worldwide 2012 Global Forum in Athens, Greece.
There is an extra opportunity for computer science, graphic design or technology educators who are selected – an Xbox/Kinect system.
Computer science, graphic design, and technology educators: You might win an Xbox 360 and Kinect for your school.
- Computer science, graphic design, or technology educators who are selected to participate in the forum are eligible to win an Xbox 360 and Kinect for their school.
- When you apply online to the Forum, be sure to select which Microsoft web design or software development tools are used in your project.
- Educators eligible to win the Xbox 360 and Kinect must submit a gifting letter.
Who can apply?
- K-12 educators or teams of two educators who lead class projects that use technology to positively impact student learning
- School leaders who direct programs and initiatives that use technology to enhance education throughout the school community
- My Inspirational Microsoft Partners in Learning 2011 U.S. Innovative Education Forum Experience
- How to make a teacher feel like a rock star.
- Innovative Educators, Innovative Relationships
- Microsoft U.S. Innovators Forum
- International Innovators Forum Announced
- Innovative Education Forum–Judging Day
- Congratulations Louis Zulli Jr. and Doug Bergman
- Innovative Educator Forum Judge Workshop