The American Computer Science League opens registration for this year’s contest September 1st.
ACSL is An international computer science competition5 for grades 6-12 that is way more than just programming!!!
ACSL gives your school the opportunity to:
- Learn about really important computer science concepts
- Engage in creative algorithmic solutions to problems
- Compete against other schools from around the world
- Attend an Invitational All-Star Contest at a common site
There are four contests that are administered at each school monthly. Scores are cumulative. There are four divisions to choose from based upon student ability. Each contest consists of two parts:
- Short Problems – 5 questions on computer science topics that students must be taught before taking the test
- Programming Problem – creatively designed problems that students may solve using a language of their choice
Mention that you are a CSTA member and get a free Contest CD ($20) upon joining. You are a CSTA member aren’t you? Join for free at http://csta.acm.org/
ACSL is also on approved activities list of the National Association of Secondary School Principals.