OK so you are a student and you are wondering what to do over the summer. Perhaps you have a job but maybe it is not fulfilling. And besides wouldn’t it be cool to write some great code and win a new Windows Phone for your efforts. Right? Well the Windows Phone team has a contest just for you. They are looking for students to write applications targetting the new “Mango” update for Windows Phone 7. Though DreamSpark all the software you need it free. What more information? Here is some detail “borrowed” from the Windows Team Blog:
- Make sure you’re registered for DreamSpark
- Download and install Expression Studio Ultimate and the new Mango Windows Phone Developer Tools (available free as a member of DreamSpark)
- Get the free Sketchflow Template for Windows Phone and create a Sketchflow mock-up of your app
- Post the Sketchflow mock-up somewhere online and tweet out the link using the hash tag #WPAppItUp
- We will review all prototypes and will contact the developers who submit the best ones and send them a special Mango developer device.
Come on and show the world what you can do!