Imagine Cup is the world’s premier student technology competition, sponsored by Microsoft. This annual competition inspires students to create innovative solutions that can help solve some of the world’s toughest problems. In addition, it gives universities, colleges, and secondary schools the opportunity to gain international acclaim as technology leaders.
To give you some perspective, here are some inspirational words to the finalists of Imagine Cup 2010 from First Lady Michelle Obama
It is a 2-step process…
- US Students- Using just your school name and email address, sign up to receive the Imagine Cup 2011 updates [Non- US students register here]. If you sign up before Oct 3rd, you have a chance to win one Xbox 360 Console with the new Kinect controller system! Read more about the rules here.
- Team up with your friends and give us a world-changing idea, using the UN Millennium goals as a guideline. Even better, drag and drop an existing class project for a chance to win a trip to Microsoft Headquarters for the US Finals. Check out the competitions, read the official rules and get started, now.
Why you should participate?
- Demonstrate your talents and skills and gain valuable experience to kick-start your career
- Attract the attention of Microsoft, its partners, venture capitalists, and others.
- Win $25,000, a free trip to the worldwide finals in New York City, and a chance to compete internationally.
Looking for some inspiration?
Here’s a story of David Hayden from Arizona State University. David is legally blind. He took the shortcomings of today’s accessibility technology and made them requirements for a new solution. So he decided to solve the problem himself and created Team Note-Taker for the Imagine Cup Competition. This is how David climbed the ladder of innovation and success at Imagine Cup.
- Imagine Cup Website
- Imagine Cup Virtual Pressroom
- Student Stories
- Microsoft’s Official Facebook page for student technologists
Yes, it’s true; an idea can change the world. Imagine Cup is the world’s premier student technology competition, sponsored by Microsoft. This is your chance to make a difference…reach out to your blog readers, Facebook friends, and a student in high-school/college and tell them about Imagine Cup.