Also on Thursday, market research firm NPD released new statistics for the video game console market. NPD highlights from September include:
· Last month marked the biggest September software sales ever for Xbox 360, with sales reaching $401.2 million the most for any console in the U.S.
· Xbox 360 continues to see strong consumer demand with an amazing lineup of titles. In fact, Xbox 360 held five of the top 10 consoles games during the month of September including: “Grand Theft Auto V,” “FIFA 14,” “Madden NFL 14,” “Diablo III” and “NBA 2K14.”
· Xbox 360 remains the number one selling console in the U.S. in 2013, with 1.6 million units sold this year.
Xbox 360 is ready for another holiday season with recently announced Xbox 360 holiday bundles available worldwide at select major retailers:
· Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle with “Halo 4” and “Tomb Raider” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $249.99.
· Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle with “Kinect Sports: Season Two” and “Kinect Adventures” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $249.99.
· Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle with “Kinect Sports: Season Two,” “Kinect Adventures,” and “Forza Horizon” as well as one month free of Xbox Live Gold available for $349.99.
This holiday only, the Xbox 360 4GB console is available for $179.99. Now is the time to get a great deal on Xbox 360. Looking ahead to Xbox One launch, we continue to see overwhelming demand for the console with pre-orders for Xbox One selling out quicker than any previous Xbox release. Xbox One pre-orders continue to outpace Xbox 360 pre-orders in the same time period.
Posted by Jeff Meisner
Editor, The Official Microsoft Blog