Following from my last blog I wanted to write down what the motivation was behind the Edge Architecture and in the end it became more of a manifesto about what I believe and how I think the IT world is changing. It has the following 5 core values:
- Community and collaboration are more important than organizations and contracts
- Value and sharing are more important than price and ownership
- Individual skill and contribution are more important than processes and tools
- Relationship and trust are more important than security and laws
- Flexibility and improvement are more important than plans and schedules
From these values the main parts of the Edge architecture flow and then from them a ton of really specific technical requirements. I will delve into these in more detail in later blogs.