My customer (Mike Vrabel) and I got completely frustrated today in trying to find a way to deploy the Outlook Conferencing Addin for Live Meeting 2007 via SMS. The Office web site gives you a ConfAddins_Setup.exe which is neither an MSI or provides you switches for automated install or answer file.
Some digging turned up a solution:
1. Copy confAddins_Setup.exe to a local directory on your test PC
2. Open a command prompt (if Vista make sure the command prompt is administrator elevated)
3. Using the command prompt navigate to the directory where confAddins_Setup.exe resides
4. Type the following command line - "confAddins_Setup.exe -out <drive>:\<folder path>"
5. Step 4 should have extracted the LMAddinPack.msi file
6. From the directory that contains LMAddinPack.msi install the Addin from the command line using the following command line "msiexec /i <filename.msi> /qn"
You can then use the normal MSI command line switches to deploy silently, just make sure to kill Outlook on the target machine first:
msiexec /I LMAddinPack.msi APPCONFLICT=IGNORE /qn