I got a chance to walk through most of the show today, my frackin' feet still hurt and my shoes have been off for a few hours.
- If you are still at CES, check out the Neonade booth, free massages. I don't know what they do, but I saw the massage chairs
- Dolby had a massive replica of Bumblebee the Transformer, I am going to get a picture tomorrow
- Oh, about pictures. The CES web site says Media cameras only. Not true. Everyone and their grandma has their digital cameras and camcorders out
- Vantage point was kinda cool, it is to help you hide all the wires behind your flat screen and audio screen. They also had an oxygen bar.
- I want a Windows Home Server
- The big thing at CES this year is the ultra thin LCD, just remember that the tuner and stuff isn't integrated into the display
- Dbox is totally cool. It is motion simulator for both couches and for car simulators. Both the stuff for furniture and the race car is cool. I got to do a few laps in the cars and liked it, would be nice if they could get it to work with consoles like Xbox
- Every single flat screen demos their screens using Blue Ray, no mention of HD-DVD. See my previous post about the death of HD-DVD.
- THX isn't as impressive since they were sold from Lucas Film. They were showing a cool way for input displays to pass metadata between so the display automatically adjusts to the appropriate format. Let's hope someone notices.
- The SYNC stuff that Fords are using in their cars is totally cool. I hope that more manufacturers adopt it.
- People should not text and walk. Please pull over and text/read email.
- I think my next major purchase will be either a Sharp Aquos or Panasonic 50" LCD
I wish I could post some pictures, but I don't have a CF reader with me. I will post some as soon as I can.