On 6/29/2007 we released the highly sought after System Center Operations Manager 2007 Backup & Recovery Guide. This guide provides guidance on understanding how to compliment your current disaster recovery strategy in support of Operations Manager 2007. Such topics covered are:
- Understanding what to backup and why.- covers all key components and services of Operations Manager 2007.
- Effects of Failure - Summarizes impact to your Management Group and high-level steps in recovering that component or service.
- How to backup and restore the OperationsManager database.
- How to move the OperationsManager database to a different SQL Server.
- How to backup the Root Management Server - specifically the Secure Encryption Key..
- Backup and restoring the IIS 6.0 metabase.
- Backup Custom Management Packs
This is the first version of this guide and we intend on continuing to update it with new information such as:
- Move the OperationsManagerDW (Reporting Data Warehouse) to a different SQL Server.
- Move the OperationsManagerAC (Audit Collection Database) to a different SQL Server.
Other scenarios that you would encounter in your enterprise will be covered as well. After I take a short break from getting this out the door (as I was one of the key authors on this document), I'll start working on the next version.
You can download it from here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/opsmgr/bb498235.aspx
Stay tuned and be sure to provide your feedback once you review the document.