As I mentioned in the Current Cumulative Updates for Office - Q3 2012 post, each quarter I will post information on the latest updates for the Office for Windows and Office for Macintosh products.
The information below is being provided regarding the most currently available updates available for the supported Windows and Macintosh versions of Office as of October 1, 2014.
As a reminder on why I'm providing this information and how it should be used, please see my Keeping Up with Office Updates post which discusses the cumulative updates for Office (and Outlook in particular) that companies need to be aware of and push out to their users.
Office for Windows
- Current Service Pack level: Office 2013 SP1
- Office 2013 RTM (SP0) support ends April 14, 2015
- Latest cumulative September 2014 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2995905)
- Outlook specific: September 2014 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2889873)
- Current Service Pack level: Office 2010 SP2
- Office 2010 SP1 support will end on October 14, 2014
- Note: Office 2010 RTM (SP0) support ended July 10, 2012
- Latest cumulative Update: September 2014 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2995904)
- Outlook specific: September 2014 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2889833)
- Current Service Pack level: Office 2007 SP3 (released October 2011)
- Note: Office 2007 is now in Extended Support as of October 9, 2012.
- Last cumulative Update: June 2013 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2855360)
- Outlook specific: April 2013 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2799874)
- Office 2003 reached End-of-Life Support on April 8, 2014
Note: Each of the KB articles includes the list/links for all the Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc). Most of you focus on Outlook and that’s the only ones required and is also provided separately but I wanted to provide the larger “Office” list in case you want it.
As a reminder, Microsoft Update does *NOT* make the cumulative updates available to users. These have to be downloaded and either installed independently or deployed using tools such as WSUS, SCCM, etc.
Office for Macintosh
- Current Service Pack Level: Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 SP3 (released January 2013)
- Note: Office for Mac 2011 SP2 support ends April 8, 2014
- Note: Office for Mac 2011 SP1 support ended July 9, 2013
- Office for Mac 2011 support ends on January 12, 2016
- Latest cumulative Update: August 2014 - 14.4.4 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2994002)
- Current Service Pack Level: Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac SP2 (released October 2009)
- Office 2008 for Mac support ended on April 9, 2013
- Last cumulative Update: March 2013 - 12.3.6 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2817449)
Note: Each of the KB articles includes the link for downloading the package which updates ALL Office Products…there are not separate updates for each of the various components of Office as there is with the Windows releases.