Install the Beta 2 version from here: https://connect.microsoft.com/site216. You’ll need to be a member of our connection.
This release adds a range of new functionality and resolves a number of bugs:
· IntelliSense UI for filter creation – As one of the most requested features, Filter IntelliSense is now available for exploring protocol message hierarchies to find the fields you need to build filter expressions. The capabilities are vastly improved compared to Network Monitor, now displaying protocols, messages, fields, structures, properties, annotations and more!
· Quick filter – Quick filtering makes it easy to create a time window in which to view trace results! Unlike BSV, it filters messages in memory after loading them instead of during import. Just select the traces you want, adjust the time slider as needed, and you are done. It’s that easy.
· Capture firewall discard events – This feature allows you to discover how the firewall is affecting network traffic. New messages tell you when traffic is blocked and associated IDs point to the specific firewall rule responsible for dropping the message.
· OPN Viewer – You can right click on any field and select Go to Definition to view the field’s OPN definition. This feature provides the equivalent functionality of the NPL Viewer in Network Monitor 3.4.
· Parsing REST Protocols – This feature enables you to diagnose and analyze RESTful web services. RESTful web services are one of the fastest growing network areas.
· Performance improvements:
o Message Analyzer startup time has improved by over 50%.
o Sorting on selected column has improved by 60%.
o Grouping has improved by 30%
o Parsing after the initial load has improved by up to 15%, depending upon the protocol type.
Message Analyzer also presents exciting graphic viewer features that are still under development, but we would like to share them with you now to get your initial feedback:
· Gantt viewer – Do you need to see a bird’s eye view of your message traffic? Message Analyzer now includes a highly customizable Gantt Viewer that provides easy-to-use navigation, zooming, and the ability to drill down into further details, as necessary.
· Console viewer – provides an interactive command-line interface for filtering, sorting, grouping, and viewing message
Microsoft is providing the Beta 2 release to give you the opportunity to provide feedback so we can continue to make improvements on the new features as we drive towards our upcoming RTM.
Please install Message Analyzer Beta 2, take it for a spin, and send us your feedback!