I have been installing the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 8 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=28972 and the installation didn't seem to do anything on my nice, Windows 8 OS. It is supposed to automatically install all tools, but I get no errors and no registered management consoles 🙁
Thankfully I found the fix.
I read on the internet that it could be a language issue, so I ventured onto TechNet.
- I downloaded the Windows 8 Language pack "mu_windows_8_language_pack_x64_dvd_917544.iso"
- I right clicked on the ISO and chose mount in the menu (which mounted the ISO to an available drive letter)
- I right clicked the bottom left hand corner of my PC and ran "Command Prompt (Admin)"
- I then typed in dism /online /add-package /packagepath:<Insert Mounted drive letter here>:\langpacks\en-us
- Then I re-ran the installation and amazingly enough, it installed :):):)
NOTE: I did find the public version of the language pack http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/language#1TC=t1 you may be able to bypass this process, using the details held in this link, but I have not tried it.
I hope this helps someone else.