You can easily change your virtual hard disk (VHD) attachment from IDE to SCSI:
- Shut down the guest operating system.
- Add a SCSI adapter to the virtual machine, if one isn’t already available (under “Virtual Machine” Configuration, click SCSI adapters and then click Add).
- Turn on the virtual machine and verify in Device Manager that the Microsof Virtual Machine PCI SCSI Controller is installed (it should be listed under SCSI and RAID controllers).
- Shut down the guest operating system and change the attachment of the VHD from IDE to SCSI (under “Virtual Machine” Configuration, click Hard disks and in the Attachment box, select the appropriate attachment).
- Turn on the virtual machine.