I just came across this so hopefully it’s not too late, but if you’re in or around the New York City area tomorrow we’re hosting an in-person event on Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) tomorrow at 12:00pm local time. It’s only an hour long so it should fit into your lunch hour nicely. I have the event details and a signup link below:
Enterprise IT infrastructures are increasingly complex to manage. The Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance addresses the need to increase manageability and reduce complexity. It is a dynamic desktop solution, available to Software Assurance customers, that employs innovative technologies to increase desktop manageability, reduce the total cost of ownership, and improve overall infrastructure satisfaction.
MDOP is a suite of six technologies:
· Microsoft Application Virtualization turns applications into centrally managed services that are never installed, never conflict and are streamed on-demand
· Microsoft Asset Inventory Service translates software service into business intelligence and instantly depicts a complete portfolio of the desktop software
· Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset reduces downtime and accelerates desktop repair, recovery, and troubleshooting of unbootable Windows-based Systems
· Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management provides governance and control over group policy through robust change management and role-based administration tools
· Microsoft System Center Desktop Error Monitoring enables proactive problem management by analyzing and reporting on application and system crashes
· Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization enhances deployment and management of Virtual PC images on a Windows Desktop while also providing a seamless user experience on a Virtual PC environment independent of the local desktop configuration and operating system rely on Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance to control your desktops, accelerate software deployment and management, and improve IT responsiveness and end-user uptime.
The Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack can help you reduce the TCO of your entire enterprise-wide application management lifecycle and create the foundation for an agile, services-oriented infrastructure that supports long-term organization growth.
To register online see http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032403724&culture=en-US
J.C. Hornbeck | Manageability Knowledge Engineer