We, at Microsoft, are happy to announce ‘Talking Business’ to help entrepreneurs and business owners succeed. We believe in your ability to innovate and in the ability of technology to help, so we are laying on wicked workshops, scintillating seminars and a fun and interactive stand, something you will have to see for yourself.
Come and find us at the Business Startup at Olympia London on 22nd and 23rd November 2012.
With new technology effecting the way businesses work, ‘Talking Business’ will provide in-depth commentary on latest business matters, and will provide a host of hints and tips and expert advice to give you a head start.
Whether you are a start-up, small or medium business or a soon-to-be entrepreneur, you can join us by registering for a workshop at the Microsoft Theatre where you can expect a lively mix of demonstrations of the latest Microsoft technology such as Windows 8 and the New Office, along with all the advice and guidance you need to support your business. Hurry as there are only a limited number of places available on each day.
From discussing the changing business landscape, our anywhere working schemes, and in-depth demonstrations of Windows 8 and Office, we will be on hand to show how technology can really aid your business growth.
Not only that, but our seminars will be hosted by the fantastic Anne Kokke, who will be discussing the small business owner of today.
Come find us at stand 701, where we will have a brand spanking-new Microsoft Surface to play with.
Follow us on twitter - @MicrosoftSB, or use the hashtag #TalkingBusiness to find out more information.
Competition: We’re giving away 10 copies of Windows 8
Win a copy of Windows 8 to give your business a head start.
To win, tell us why you love Windows 8 and the best 10 answers will be selected to each receive a copy of Windows 8.
Entry forms will be available at the event itself if you come along to one of our workshops or seminar sessions or simply come visit us on stand 701. You can also enter on Twitter by tweeting us why you love Windows 8 using hashtag #LoveWin8.
Full Terms and Conditions are listed below.
Great British Business Show 2012 Windows 8 Competition Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY. This promotion is open to any person resident in the United Kingdom who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners). A
working computer with internet access is required to redeem prize.
2. ENTRY. There are two alternate methods of entry:
- Fill in the tear off section of the flyer with your answer to the question “Why do you love Windows 8?” and your contact details and hand it into a Microsoft member of staff at the Microsoft stand 701; or
- Tweet why you love Windows 8 and label the tweet with the hashtag #LoveWin8 (Note that this method of entry requires entrants to be registered members of Twitter at http://www.twitter.com)
To the extent that entry requires the submission of user-generated content such as photos, videos, music, artwork, essays, etc., entrants warrant that their entry is their original work, has not been copied from others, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.
Entries will be ineligible for the competition if they:
- are incomplete;
- exceed the maximum number of entries allowed per person;
- violate the rights of any other person or entity; or
- are received outside of the Promotion Period set out below; or
- are reported to violate the terms governing use of the Website.
Only one (1) entry per person will be accepted. No purchase necessary to enter the promotion. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING. This promotion runs from 09.00:00a.m. GMT on 22nd November 2012 until 17.30:00p.m. GMT on 23rd November 2012 (inclusive) (the “Promotion Period”).
4. USE OF YOUR ENTRY. Personal data which you provide when you enter may be used for future Microsoft marketing activity if you indicate your consent on the entry form (if applicable). Otherwise your personal data will be used by Microsoft and agents acting on Microsoft’s behalf only for the operation of this promotion.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS. All valid entries will be judged as a finalist. Winning entries will be determined by a panel of judges with a least one independent judge on 26th November 2012. Judging will be based on:
- Originality of entry
- Passion for Windows 8
A maximum of one prize per eligible entry is allowed. Winners will be notified by email to the address they provided or through Twitter by 27th November 2012. If a potential winner has not confirmed receipt of the notification within TEN (10) days after the first attempt, an alternative winner will be selected on the same basis as described above. Winners may be asked to provide identification proving their eligibility before they are entitled to receive the prize. Winners may be required to participate in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE(S). There will be ten (10) prizes in total. The prize will be as follows: A downloadable copy of Windows 8 Pro (approximate retail value of £24.99). A working computer with Internet access is required to redeem prize. Prize is as stated and are not transferable. No cash alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prizes with prizes of equal or greater value. All prizes will be sent by Microsoft or its agent no later than 28 days after the prize draw has been made by Microsoft. Unless otherwise stated, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer's warranty and/or terms and conditions. Prizes may be considered as a taxable benefit to the winners. Winners will be directly responsible for accounting for and paying to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority, any tax liability arising on their prize. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any query related to the taxable amount for reporting to HMRC, or other relevant tax authority.
7. WINNERS LIST. Each winner consents to his/her surname being made publicly available upon request. Winners’ names will be available for a period of 28 days after the selection of winners by written request to email@example.com.
8. OTHER. No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this promotion or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this promotion at any time but only before the delivery of prizes, without notice.
Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, costs, damage, disappointment or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or liability arising out of Microsoft’s fraud.
Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
9. SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION. If an entrant attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this promotion by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from that entrant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we will disqualify that entrant’s entry to this promotion and may ban the entrant from participating in any of our future
promotions, so please play fairly.
Promoter: Microsoft Limited (“Microsoft”), Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG, England