Migrating Forms Based authentication sites from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010 using database attach method applies the general principles of database attach upgrade method; however, it includes some additional steps to cater for membership & roles providers.
The steps for this migration are as follows:
- Move the SharePoint 2007 membership provider database to the new database server using database ackup/restore.Note to give the users of the application pool accounts access to the databases if you are using Windows Integrated Authentication to connect to SQL
- Build new SharePoint web application with Claims Based Authentication
- Setup the membership & role providers in the config file as per the membership provider database restored in step 1.
- Setup the membership & role providers’ in the central Administration and STS configuration files to point to the database restored in step 1.
- Run Test-SPContentDatabase -Name <DatabaseName> -WebApplication <URL> to verify any additional needed solutions
- Check solutions and deploy Needed Solutions
- Attach the content database of the FBA site
- Check if the FBA site is working fine and as expected