I sometimes think that it’s hard to truly understand the breadth and depth of Microsoft’s business. It will certainly be a challenge for an incoming CEO! Therefore, I love the new Modern tiles look of this infographic describing just some of Microsoft’s reach into the Enterprise under the ‘Cloud OS’ Vision. Just look at the achievements to date, and the progress about to release to market in the next month or so..
Coming to you in the next month there is:
· Windows Server 2012 R2, System Center 2012 R2, and the Windows Azure Pack will be generally available on October 18, 2013.
· A new release of the Windows Intune service, along with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager on October 18, that combined deliver our unified device management solution.
· New Microsoft Remote Desktop apps for iOS, Mac OS X and Android coming later in October
· Visual Studio 2013 and the new .NET 4.5.1 will be available on October 18, 2013.
· SQL Server 2014 second community technology preview (CTP2) will be available next week and HDInsight Service later this month.
· Updates to the Power BI for Office 365 Preview
· Release of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Fall ’13 will be available later this month.
· Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 is available today, October 7, 2013.
· Windows Azure:
o On November 1, Microsoft will offer all Enterprise Agreement (EA) customers access to the best Windows Azure prices, regardless of upfront commitment, without overuse penalties, and with the flexibility of annual payments.
o A new strategic partnership with Equinix will allow customers to connect their networks with Windows Azure at Equinix exchange locations for greater throughput, availability and security.
Now then, putting all this together and delivering BUSINESS value is the job of IT – hope you are on to it!!