Microsoft just unveiled Hyper-V Cloud, a set of programs and offerings that makes it easier for businesses to build their own private cloud infrastructures using the Windows Server platform. Dell Inc., Fujitsu Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., HP, IBM Corp. and NEC Corp. have already signed on as Hyper-V Cloud partners, and will be working with Microsoft to deliver pre-validated infrastructure and services that enable organizations to implement private clouds with increased speed and reduced risk.
Key Hyper-V Cloud Programs that you want to understand:
- Hyper-V Cloud Deployment Guides To help you get started building your own private cloud with Microsoft products.
- Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track For pre-validated configurations from Microsoft and OEM server partners.
- Hyper-V Cloud Service Providers For partners who can host a dedicated private cloud for you.
To help you deploy commercial private and public clouds based on Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V, System Center, and related products, Microsoft offers a set of programs and initiatives called Hyper-V Cloud. These programs can help you:
- Build your own private cloud with help from the Hyper-V Cloud Deployment Guides and Hyper-V Cloud partners.
- Get a pre-validated private cloud configuration from Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track OEM partners. Hyper-V Cloud Fast Track partners have worked with Microsoft to combine hardware and software offerings based on a reference architecture for building private clouds.
- Find a service provider in the Hyper-V Cloud Service Provider Program who can host a dedicated private cloud for you.
Microsoft is also investing in a set of engagements to help customers with IaaS assessments, proofs-of-concept, and deployments with help from our partners or Microsoft Services. The investments are designed to help reduce the risk, cost, and time associated with testing and deploying a cloud environment. Deploying Microsoft’s private cloud infrastructure also positions you to take advantage of the Windows Azure public cloud platform through powerful identity, development, and management tools. These tools span across private and public cloud environments so that you can more easily build, migrate, or extend out to the public cloud and benefit from virtually unlimited scale and even greater efficiencies whenever you need it.