Happy NFL season everyone! I hope this year will be better than last year’s predictions which you review here: 5 Bold Predictions for the NFL 2013 . So how did I do, bad, and I mean really bad as in worst year yet. For the first time, I even deducted points from my score, so my score this year 1. 1 out of 5 that is pretty sad. So here is the breakdown:
- Tyrann Mathieu will be Defensive Rookie of the Year: Result .5. He was in the mix and had he not gotten hurt he may have won the award, although Sheldon Richardson had a great year
- Jets will have the first pick in the draft in 2014: .5, while I did get this wrong, I did predict Clowney would be the first pick in the draft
- The Baltimore Ravens will not make the playoffs: Result 1! Nailed this one, and yes it made me smile.
- Cleveland Browns are going to win the Super Bowl: Result 0. Sigh wait till this year!
- Rob Chudzinski will be Coach of the Year: Result –1, I do not think I could have been anymore wrong than this prediction, and top it off with he was fired at the end of the season. sigh.
So what about this year, well I decided to do something a little different and make this all about my beloved Cleveland Browns! I figure since all the mainstream media outlets had what seemed to be non-stop coverage of my browns I might as well join the club.
- By Week 5 Johnny Manziel will be the starter. Okay this is not that bold but I will be surprised if after the bye week Johnny is starting as QB. We do have a hard first 3 games and I am really pulling for Hoyer to be successful!
- Our Pass Defense will be the #1 ranked Defense in the NFL. One area the Browns are going to be tough in is defense we have a great defense and a couple of shutdown cornerbacks, and sold safeties. I also would not be surprised to see Justin Gilbert win defensive rookie of the year either.
- Jordan Cameron will have the most TD catches as a TE. Without a solid go deep receiver, I think Jordan is going to be the go to target for Cleveland QB’s. So not too much of a stretch to see him catching a lot of passes and a lot of TD’s
- Travis Benjamin will take 4 kicks to the house. He is so fun to watch and he is like a human joystick, I would not be surprised if he gets 4 this year. 2 on punt and 2 on Kickoff return.
- Cleveland Browns Will Win the Super Bowl. I make this prediction every year, and I feel we are putting together a solid team and if we can get some stability in the front office and at QB. I look forward to this prediction coming true. While this year would set some record when we win the Super Bowl (we have like 23 undrafted players on the team). I would not be surprised if the Browns surprise some folks. As always. GO BROWNS!!!
Thus ends my 5 bold predictions for the NFL Browns edition this year!