Happy Monday! Week 5 was a solid week of training even with a very busy schedule. During training, I know all of you have had weeks where it seems you cannot get the time or place to run. This is where I found myself coming into this week. I knew it would be busy and training opportunities would be limited. So I had to be creative here are some of the things I did this week to help me have a solid week:
- Laid out and Pack my worked clothes the night before
- Avoid the I forget to bring my workout gear, always be prepared.
- Set your alarm in the morning for the next day
- If I know I have to get up early on Tuesday, I will set my alarm Monday after I wake up. I know sometimes setting the alarm at night after a long day, it is easy to make the decision to sleep in.
- Ask locals to help find a place to train
- Especially if you travel, ask locals on some places to run, you will normally get a great and safe run
- Find places to Run
- As I was leaving after a long day in the office, my initial plan was to go to the gym and work out. I knew I would not make the workout if I drove home. So I grabbed my bad and changed, and then used my companies parking garage:
What are some the things you have done to be creative during your training, share in the comments area?
Here is my schedule for this week:
|Monday, August 18, 2014||Cross/Off|
|Tuesday, August 19, 2014||45 Minutes|
|Wednesday, August 20, 2014||Cross/Off|
|Thursday, August 21, 2014||45 Minutes|
|Friday, August 22, 2014||Cross/Off|
|Saturday, August 23, 2014||9 Miles|
|Sunday, August 24, 2014||Off|
If you want to join me and my friends, unfortunately the Dopey challenge is full, but the Goofy Challenge still has availability:
- 10 Year Anniversary Goofy Challenge at 85%!
In future posts I will talk more about some of the challenges Dopey will pose and what I am looking forward too. If you have any questions about training or running just let me know have a Blessed Day!