In part 7 of our "Accelerate DevOps with the Cloud" series on TechNet Radio, Keith Mayer and Yung Chou welcome Sr. Program Manager Michael Greene to the show as they discuss the importance of configuration management for organizations that are starting to leverage the cloud for their daily operations. Tune in as they also demo PowerShell DSC and show us how it can be used with Azure.
- [2:30] When an organization is beginning to leverage the cloud, why is Configuration Management important?
- [5:01] How is Configuration Management different from Automation?
- [6:48] Is Configuration Management more than just initial provisioning?
- [10:29] What tools and resources are available to perform Configuration Management?
- [13:03] How does PowerShell DSC differ from PowerShell scripts?
- [15:11] Is PowerShell DSC specific to only Windows workloads?
- [17:23] DEMO: Can you show us how PowerShell DSC can be leveraged with Azure?
Interested in learning more about the Cloud & DevOps?
Be sure to check out these additional resources:
- GET CERTIFIED! Join EARLY EXPERTS. We'll help you get certified on Hyper-V, Cloud and MORE!
- READ IT! Accelerating DevOps with the Cloud using Microsoft Azure & Friends
- WATCH IT! MVA Jump Start: DevOps for IT Pros
- DO IT! Step-by-Step: 20+ Key Cloud Scenarios for IT Pros
- Are you a STARTUP? Join BizSpark for FREE access to Azure cloud services