The modern datacenter is already virtualizing, and likely virtualizing using VMware vSphere, vCenter, and so on. That’s why we think it’s time to help you – the VMware IT Professional – learn about and get familiar with all that Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 can do; and in terms that you’ll understand. As many of you may know we just delivered a 35 part series titled VMware or Microsoft. Now it is time for you to come out and try it out Hyper-V for yourself! The series can be found here:
Here’s the full class description from the registration page:
Want to gain an edge in your technical career? Industry insiders suggest that over 70% of businesses now run at least two virtualization platforms in their IT environment. That’s why IT pros who understand multiple platforms are invaluable to their companies and clients.
Here’s your chance to upgrade your Microsoft Virtualization skills for FREE! We’re hosting an interactive, one-day technical workshop specifically for VMware IT professionals. Seasoned experts will demonstrate key scenarios and technologies from Microsoft and VMware. You’ll also complete hands-on labs and leave ready to build your own test and evaluation environment.
- The basics (and beyond) in Microsoft virtualization technology
- How your current VMware skills apply to a Microsoft environment
- The differences between key Microsoft and VMware technologies
- How to use Microsoft tools to help manage a VMware environment
- The latest on upcoming Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2 releases
At a high level, as part of this course, you’ll learn about the following topics:
- Hyper-V Configuration, Clustering & Resiliency
- Virtual Machine Mobility, Backup & Replication
- Managing Hyper-V with Virtual Machine Manager
- A look at System Center 2012 R2 Preview
- VMware: Management, Integration, and Migration
In order to participate in the labs, please bring a modern laptop that can run the following technical prerequisites. Click HERE for more detailed system specs.
- Supported Operating Systems include all editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012.
- Browsers supported include Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later. Other browsers are supported conditionally.
- Microsoft .NET 3.5 will be required to complete the labs.
All participants registering for the event should download Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2 Preview.
I’ll be covering the events in my usual main locations: Austin, Dallas and Houston. Click below to register for them. See you there!