I welcome the Scripting Guy, Ed Wilson to the show as they discuss Windows Azure Infrastructure Services and PowerShell. Tune in as we chat about some of the potential PowerShell scenarios IT Pros can implement in Azure as well as some tips on how you can get started with Azure and PowerShell today.
- [3:44] Why should IT Pros use PowerShell for automation?
- [15:35] What are some of the things you’ve seen IT Pros doing with Windows Azure and PowerShell?
- [19:10] What do you recommend for people who are new to PowerShell?
- [29:34] What tips do you have for people using PowerShell?
Experience Microsoft’s latest products with these FREE downloads!
Build Your Lab! Download Windows Server 2012, System Center 2012 SP1 and Hyper-V Server 2012 and get the best virtualization platform and private cloud management solution on the market. Try it FREE now!
Don’t Have a Lab? Build Your Lab in the Cloud with Windows Azure Virtual Machines. Try Windows Azure for free with no cost or obligations, and use any OS, language, database or tool. FREE Download
If you’re interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Blogs & Articles:
- Matt Hester’s Blog
- The Script Center
- 31 Days of PowerShell
- Hey, Scripting Guy! Blog
- Learn Windows PowerShell
- (Part 1) Infrastructure as a Service – Windows Azure Virtual Machines & What’s in it for You
- (Part 2) Windows Azure Virtual Machine FAQs
- (Part 3) Hybrid Windows Azure IaaS Scenarios – Migrating SharePoint to Windows Azure
- (Part 4) Infrastructure as a Service: Windows Azure vs. Amazon & Rackspace
- (Part 5) Infrastructure as a Service – Windows Azure Licensing Options
- (Part 6) Infrastructure as a Service – Windows Azure and System Center 2012
- (Part 7) Infrastructure as a Service – Windows Azure and PowerShell