Included in MAP 8.0 Beta are hardware and infrastructure readiness assessments to assist you in planning the deployment of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, preparing your migration to Windows Azure Virtual Machines, readying your environment for Office 2013 and Office 365, and tracking your usage of Lync. The new version of MAP provides some exciting new features:
- Determine your Windows Server 2012 readiness
- Determine your Windows 8 readiness
- Assessment report and summary proposal to help you understand the scope and benefits of a Windows 8 deployment
- Inventory of desktop computers, deployed operating systems, and applications
- Assess your environment for Office 2013 and Office 365
- Migrate to Windows Azure Virtual Machines
MAP 8.0 Beta performs a comprehensive assessment of Windows Server and Linux machines to determine feasibility of a migration to Windows Azure Virtual Machines. MAP then provides suggested changes to prepare targeted machines for migration. This feature helps you reduce the operating costs of hosting on-premise servers, as well as estimating the required size and monthly network and storage usage required to migrate on-premise Windows and Linux servers to Windows Azure Virtual Machines using actual data from the targeted environment.