Well this year was not nearly as good as last, and is really a bummer year for my predictions. I am getting a better understanding of what is the trends are, so look for some better predictions next year! On the bright side I did pull a Chuck Woolery with my results this year:
- Cleveland Browns are going to win the Super Bowl! Yeah I know I make this prediction every year and we finished second to last in the division last year. However, we only lost a 4 games by double digits the entire year. With Colt McCoy looking solid and of course with Peyton Hillis surprising the league. I look forward to seeing a balanced attack this year and with a tremendous amount of positive improvement!: GO BROWNS!
Result: .1 Okay so this was a predictable score and the Madden Curse hit Peyton Hillis, so why did I give myself .1. Put simply I was the first kid on my block to have the madden game and more importantly in the game the Browns went undefeated and won the Super Bowl, so I give myself .1
- Aaron Rodgers, League MVP, Aaron Rodgers is becoming a premier QB in the NFL after winning the Super Bowl last year and he still looking good for the year. I think he will have another tremendous year this and could possibly have the Packers in the Super Bowl this year.
Result: 1 Nailed this one, and Aaron Rodgers had a great year and well deserved of the award. I did truly think I was going to have to myself a score of .5 with the great year that Drew Brees had. In the end however for my wife’s packers they did not make the Super Bowl.
- BY Week 5 Tim Tebow will be Starting in Denver, This is one of my favorite predictions this year and being a Buckeye fan this might surprise you. I just have a feeling Orton is going to lose the first few games and Denver will be looking for a change. Tim Tebow has it and I disagree with a lot of people about him. He has “it” and he is a winner. This could be fun for Denver fans.
Result: 1 Wow, Is should almost get double points on this one. He started Week 5 and the Broncos just had an amazing run. While Tebow did not have the stats, he is still a tremendous leader on the field, and next year could be very interesting with that great defense.
- Terrelle Pryor will be Playing Receiver by end of the year. He is not a NFL QB and he does not have what it takes in my opinion. But with his size and speed, he could look to be a great receiver in the NFL. There are plenty of great examples of college QB’s who becoming successful (Joshua Cribbs, Hines Ward, Kordell Stewart…etc). I think he could be great as a receiver, and I will make a bonus prediction his first TD in the NFL will be as a receiver.
Result: 0 Missed this one altogether, but I was kinda close I knew he would not play QB and in fact the Raiders did bring in Carson Palmer, and not Terrelle Pryor to run the offense. Pretty Telling, I may make this some prediction next year.
- NFC West Champion will be 500…again, Okay this would have been a great prediction for last year, but looking at the schedules, I see this happening again. Unless one of the teams sweep the division, I see this as another down year for the NFC West. If I had to pick, I do like the Rams as the champion.
Result: .1 Another almost goose egg, but who could have predicted the San Francisco 49er’s and Handshake gate. Wow what a great year for the 49er’s I know my realtor was happy! So why the .1 the other teams in the division records were 8-8, 7-9, 2-14. So take away the 49ers and 500 is the winner.