Thank you to everyone who attended both the events in Detroit and Grand Rapids last week. It was great seeing everyone, and I look forward to coming back and visiting again! Also we had the support of two great User Groups in the area.
- From Grand Rapids we had Richard talk about West Michigan Network Technology User Group you can learn more here: http://www.wmntug.org/
- From Detroit we had Hermine talk about Focus Hope IT User Group you can learn more here: www.fhitug.org
Q: Can you import Office 2007 .msp files into 2010 Office Customization tool?
A: Unfortunately no, the 2007 files are not support in 2010, you can learn more here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179097.aspx
Q: What are the requirements for the the Microsoft Deployment toolkit?
A: You can find the requirements here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3bd8561f-77ac-4400-a0c1-fe871c461a89&displayLang=en#SystemRequirements
Q: Where can I find links to tools show in the session?
A: We showed plenty of great free tools in the session here are the links:
- Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit
- The Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows® 7
- Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
Q: Is there a tool to find out what type of CPU Hardware/cpu tool?
A: I had one of the folks from one of the other sessions show me this tool: http://www.grc.com/securable.htm
Q: Where can I learn more about Windows XP Mode and download the tool?
A: You learn more and get all the tools you need here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx